Mycom OSI is expanding and growing in North and South America. We are looking for a senior technical sales and solutions consultant who is energized and hands-on with a can-do attitude. Our recent acquisition of fault management provider OSI has broadened our Service Assurance portfolio, and the right sales candidate can capitalize on compelling products and services that delight our Communication Service Provider (CSP) customers.
The pre-sales position is dedicated to Service Assurance software products for CSPs. The role entails the full range of pre-sales activities including product presentations, demonstrations, trials, proof of concepts, RFx response compilation, pricing calculations, bid presentations, and so on. Creation of technical collateral, presentations, and value propositions are equally part of the position. The ideal candidate has a proven track record with pre-sales experience. The role involves extensive travel (expect 60% + in support of sales), development of competitive tenders, as well as creation of new offerings and solutions.
Skills & Expertise:
The ideal candidate has a professional background in Service Assurance software systems and a proven track record with pre-sales experience. Experience in a particular field of expertise such as packet networks, radio access networks, mobile core, transport networks, probing systems, customer experience management, or other related fields is required. Knowledge of TMF processes and methods is an advantage. The job requires a combination of technical expertise and commercial-/sales-oriented soft skills. Communication – both written and spoken – is a major part of this role. Fluent English is required as well as experience with public speaking and presentations. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Be a technical/commercial bridge between Mycom OSI and its customers and prospects. Understand customer requirements, map them to Mycom OSI capabilities, and articulate the Mycom OSI value propositions and benefits.
- Provide product, business, and technical knowledge for sales activities.
- Produce and oversee responses to Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal.
- Produce pricing quotations based on technical requirements.
- Prepare and oversee technical preparations for prospect meetings and tailor communications to address business needs of potential clients as part of qualification meetings, bid presentations, elevator pitches, and so on.
- Stay abreast of the product roadmaps as well as understand context, features and functions within each of the products and how these are applied to address business and technical problems.
- Develop industry-specific papers, technical white papers, and positioning papers.
- Innovate by characterising and building new service offerings and functionality to address prospect/market needs. Perform POCs in the context of such innovations and combine with pre-sales activities and positioning.
- Liaise with Product Management and Development teams to be abreast of product direction and design and communicate information back to sales organization where necessary.
- Provide feedback from the market to Product Management and Development regarding products including coordinating gaps between product functionality and market/customer demands.
- Attend conferences, monitor the trade press, and generally stay on top of changes in business issues/requirements/regulations/technology and understand where the market is going.
- Stay current on competitive analysis and understand differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Work with Product Management to develop and deliver training on business problems, products, and messages (classroom and OJT) for new Pre-Sales team members.
- Coordinate requirements for proofs of concept with the Trial Team, and occasionally participate in proof of concept when required.
Typical candidates have prior experience in pre-sales for the following companies/products: IBM (TNPM-W product), EMC (Watch4Net product), InfoVista (IV360), Teoco (Aircom Optima/NetRAC products), NSN (NPM/GR product), Ericsson (ENIQ product), JDSU (Arieso product), Groundhog (CovMo product), Astellia (Nova product), as well as mobile operators.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this position.