First in series of solutions from new Managed Services and Solutions division
CTIA, Las Vegas – 21st May 2013 – MYCOM, the leading independent provider of carrier-grade Service and Network Performance solutions, today launched an end-to-end solution for managing Communication Service Providers’ (CSPs’) cellular networks at Special Events where extraordinary numbers of people and their behavior increase the demand for cellular services.
During these special events – for example sporting events, conventions, trade shows, or emergency response scenarios – CSPs typically ensure that all deployed network capacity is utilized to its maximum, deploy mobile cell sites or COWs (Cells on Wheels) to provide additional cellular coverage and capacity, and deploy permanent enhancements at event venues such as distributed antenna systems (DAS) and small cell solutions.
Underpinned by MYCOM’s NIMS-PrOptima™ Network Performance Management software, MYCOM’s Special Event Management Solution provides a complete end-to-end solution for CSPs that includes:
- Radio network and transport/backhaul design, site acquisition, construction and engineering, installation, commissioning and integration, and NOC/fault management services
- Automated cell load control using closed loop automation which continually:
- Collects millions of performance data records per minute
- Computes customer-defined (or default) algorithms for advanced network analysis
- Makes controlled changes to network equipment parameters to optimize KPIs
- Near real-time performance reporting, distributed through web sharing applications and visualization applications, that provide intelligence such as active fault management alarms, congestion state dashboards, time series trends of KPIs, and azimuth sector traffic time plots for traffic balancing
- Industry- and CSP-specific best practices modeled within an integrated graphical workflow system
MYCOM’s NIMS-PrOptima™ has been used a number of times in the management of the world’s single largest event – the Hajj festival in Saudi Arabia where over 3 million people converge in a 10 km2 area. In addition, MYCOM Services has implemented tens of thousands of new macro, distributed antenna system, and small cell deployments in the U.S. and globally, including venues such as Disney World and NBC Universal theme parks, the L.A. Memorial Coliseum, and the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Bobby Dodd Stadium, as well as shopping malls, hotels, convention centers, and airports worldwide.
“The demands on networks during special events are not just about the increased number of people compressed into a small location, but also about their increased use of mobile devices at the event – they increasingly record and share pictures and video, message friends, and actively participate in social networking. This places enormous strains on the network, which affect performance and quality,” said Stephen Breheny, President Managed Services and Solutions, MYCOM. “In addition, carriers may have hundreds of these events to support each year with each costing anything up to $75,000 for just a few hours. MYCOM provides a repeatable, high-quality, low-cost solution that enables CSPs to manage their network performance effectively whilst automating best practices and operational procedures. Our Special Event Management Solution is the first solution launched from our new Managed Services and Solutions division with more to be launched in the coming months.”
MYCOM’s NIMS-PrOptima™ is a converged (Fixed/IP/Mobile) Network Performance and Service Assurance solution with out-of-the-box support for multiple technologies, domains, and equipment vendors across access, backhaul, core and service networks. It processes large volumes of performance, configuration, and services data in near real-time, has advanced correlation, analysis, reporting, and visualization modules, and is highly flexible via automation, workflow, and configuration capabilities.